The Metropolis Genelec Scholarship rewards one Production or Tech Services student at ACM London, ACM Guildford or ACM Birmingham with support for up to 3 years of study, worth £27,000.
To apply as a Production student, you will need to send us a track produced by you that you feel demonstrates the best of your abilities! For the second part of the application, you will need to put together a three minute video explaining; why you have chosen this specific course, what this scholarship would mean to you, your process for picking the chosen track and what production techniques have been implemented.
We will not accept any collaborative work as we want to see what the student can do. This does not include outsourcing musicians within a performing capacity.
To apply as a Tech Services student, you will submit a three minute video consisting of the following; why you have chosen this specific course and what this scholarship would mean to you.
We are particularly interested in knowing of any live or technical projects that you have been involved in.
Furthermore, we would also like to know of any events they have been involved in from either an organisational or production perspective.
How To Apply:
- For this, you must be a 2021 Degree entrant to a Production or Tech Services course at either ACM Guildford, London or Birmingham (this means locked in firm on UCAS and your ACM contract sent back!). If you’re not currently a student at ACM, fear not, simply follow the instructions on our Apply page to get your ACM journey started. Applicants to the relevant ‘Level 0’ / Foundation Year precursors at ACM Guildford will also be accepted.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “ Metropolis Genelec Scholarship Submission from Your Name”. Make sure the email contains a link to a video that captures your very best capabilities.
- Be sure to introduce yourself – we want to know who you are!
- Explain to us all about your history and what your ambitions are.
- Tell us what winning the Scholarship would mean to you.
- For our production students, please keep in mind we are only able to consider one track per applicant so choose a track that shows off your greatest skills. Please do not send us collaborative work, we want to see what you can do. However, we will accept other performers participating on your track, such as in the form of a backing band.
- Don’t worry about the quality of your video production, (this is a film to capture your capabilities in performance and artistry, not film!). Nevertheless, we do welcome videos that demonstrate the best of all your creative skills, so don’t hold back. Show us your most creative concept, alongside your greatest track and a truly inspiring performance.
- Entries must be received by 31/07/2021.
After your email submission, entries will be shortlisted by a panel of ACM judges, before being reviewed by the specific scholarship panel, when the winner will be announced.
From all of us at ACM we wish you the very best of luck!