This is a guide to help you get started with accessing online learning tools.
There are five tasks you need to complete to take part in online induction activities and your timetabled lessons:
- Receive your ACM email address and password
- Download the recommended apps
- Log in to your ACM email account
- Activate your ACM Zoom account
- Log in to myACM > Canvas > Zoom
1. Receive your ACM email address and password
Your ACM email address and password were sent to your personal email address. Search your personal email for ‘Your my.ACM Email Address’ to find it.
If you are experiencing problems with your ACM email, or did not receive the details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Download the recommended apps
For the best online experience, we recommend using a desktop or laptop computer. Important features that you will need are limited on mobile devices.
Download the below apps to your computer and mobile device.
3. Log in to your ACM email account
Using Google Chrome,
- Go to gmail.com
- Sign in using your acm email address and password
- Follow the instructions to change your password when prompted.
- Add two-factor authentication by following the on-screen instructions.
If you are experiencing problems with your email account, contact email@example.com.
4. Activate your ACM Zoom account
You will have received an email from Zoom asking you to activate your ACM Zoom account.
- Log out of any personal gmail accounts
- Click the ‘Activate your Zoom Account’ button in the email
- Click the ‘Sign in With Google’ button
- Click your ACM Gmail account
- Check your email shows an @my.acm.ac.uk email address and click the ‘Create Account’ button.
- Your ACM Zoom account will be activated and will automatically sign you in.
When joining Zoom sessions from Canvas, you will not need to log in to the Zoom website. Read the instructions below for more information.
If you are experiencing problems with your Zoom account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Log in to myACM > Canvas > Zoom
Log in to myACM
myACM is your central hub for all ACM apps. You can view your timetable and courses, make room bookings, get support, and even collaborate with fellow students.
- Log in to m.acm.ac.uk
- Select ‘Student Login’
- Sign in with your ACM Google account
- Enter your password
- Enter your 2-step verification code (sent to your phone)
Click on the Canvas icon
Canvas is where you will find all of your course resources. You can access Canvas from within myACM using Google Chrome on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Select ‘Student Login’
- Sign in with your ACM Google account (if asked)
- You will then see the Canvas Dashboard
Canvas Dashboard contains the modules you are enrolled in and a ‘Coming up’ list from your Calendar.
Click on the Zoom menu item
Your community and cohort sessions will be shown on the Zoom page. Click on the Zoom menu item to see all scheduled sessions for that module.
Watch the videos below to see how to use Zoom in Canvas.