Help Applying for an ACM Music Diploma Course.
If you’re looking to apply for one of ACM’s full time Diploma courses, you may find it useful to understand the full application process and use our helpful advise and tips for completing each step. Much of the following is available from our Admissions Team, who are available Monday to Friday 8-5pm, but this information can be useful to have to hand when completing each step.
ACM Diploma Process 2017/18
Step 1 Diploma (FE) Online Form
Step 2 Audition / Interview
Questions? Contact the Admissions Team on 01483 500 841
Applying to study an ACM Diploma is a two-step process. In the first instance all Diploma applicants will need to apply using the ACM Online Form. If suitable, applicants are then required to attend an audition or interview.
The Diploma Course Application – A Guide
The application form represents Step One of the application process for students wishing to join at the beginning of a new academic year (usually September), and will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
The form requires you to provide ACM with the following details:
- Your Personal Details E.g. Name and contact details
- More About You E.g. more information about your background
- You and Music / Education E.g. details about your current and previous
education / qualifications
Tips for Completing the Form
- Be sure about which course ACM Diploma course you’d like to apply
for – if you’re not sure then take some time to read the course pages or download the ACM Prospectus.
- Read through the entire form and make sure you understand all the questions and requirements.
- Make sure you have all the information you might need to hand before you start to fill in the form.
- Please ensure you complete all parts of the form to ensure ACM can accurately process your application.
- Before submitting your form, be sure to read through and check all your answers to ensure your spelling & grammar is correct, and that you are submitting the correct information to ACM.
What Happens Next?
Once you’ve completed and submitted the online form, ACM will log your enquiry and a member of the ACM Admissions Team will get in touch and inform you about Step 2 of your ACM application. This communication will also include links to all the relevant resources you will need to complete and submit your application.
Need to talk about your ACM Diploma Course application? Then get
in touch with our Admissions Team on 01483 500 841.
Completing Step 2 of the ACM Diploma Course Application
Music Performance and Songwriting Diploma Applicants
You will be invited to attend an Audition to perform a live music piece.
Music Technology Diploma Applicants
You will be assessed on your practical skills, technical knowledge and the quality of previously produced audio recordings. Applicants should ensure that they provide recordings that are representative of their highest quality work.
Please Note: During your ACM interview for the Music Technology Diploma application, you will be asked about your practical skills, technical knowledge and motivation.
Tips for Your ACM Audition / Interview
- Be sure to check your email inbox and spam folder to ensure you receive details regarding Step 2 of the ACM application.
- Read through and understand all the requirements for Step 2 of the ACM application.
- Ensure all submissions including audio tracks / portfolio items are in a suitable format for the ACM tutors to listen / access.
- When you know the details of your ACM audition / interview, make sure you know how long your journey will take and that you can make your ACM audition / interview slot.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to ACM in Guildford so you’re not rushing to make your audition / interview. More details of how to get to ACM can be found on our contact page.
- Make sure you have everything you might need for your ACM audition / interview including pen and paper to make notes, your instrument and any necessary accessories e.g. spare strings, prepared notes, portfolio items.
What Happens Next?
Following your interview / audition, ACM’s Admissions team will discuss the results with the tutor assessment team. Following the collation of these results, you’ll receive a confirmation of the final decision and to whether you’re able to enrol in September (based on your final exam / qualification results).
ACM would like to wish you the best of luck with your application to study an ACM Diploma course. Remember, ACM is always here to help so if you have questions or queries then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Admissions Team on 01483 500 841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.