This post was written more than two years ago. The content or information below may no longer be accurate.
We had the pleasure of catching up with Industry Link’s Jamie Hayes on the launch of DigiFreshers and Induction this year. Students are encouraged to join us for a whole host of online masterclasses, industry panels, performances, quizzes, competitions, student drop-ins and more, from 7th – 18th September! We look forward to welcoming everyone to a brand new academic year at ACM.
1) What is DigiFreshers?
Freshers is a rite of passage for all new students starting out at university. It’s a chance to make friends, blow off steam, and learn more about your course, campus and clubs. Unfortunately we are unable to do it physically this year but it’s going to be just as good, if not better, online.
2) Are there any exciting online events happening this year?
Some very exciting ones in fact! Students will have a range of different classes and activities to attend. We have some of the best names in the industry giving talks on key industry topics via Zoom, student performances everyday and a variety of evening activities for students to participate in!
3) Where can we find out more about DigiFreshers?
You can find out more by visiting our Digital Induction Page – going live on Monday!
4) Is there somewhere I can learn more about Student Services?
New students (starting 2020/21) are invited to attend our campus tours across campuses, where they can meet all of the student facing staff. There will also be lots of online drop-in sessions where students can learn more about the services and ask any questions they may have! Finally, visit our website for more general info: acm.ac.uk/student-support
5) Are there any other upcoming digital events at ACM?
ACM host a wide variety of events where musicians, music professionals and artists come in and talk to our students, all year round. We intend on continuing these classes online for as long we have to, so you can look forward to more great content throughout the year. In the meantime, we also have our Digital and Physical Open Days which you can sign up to (dates to be confirmed).
Oh… and get involved in our daily competition to be in with a chance of winning* a £20 Amazon Voucher! Simply correctly answer one question relating to each online Masterclass. Learn more about DigiFreshers and Online Induction from Monday 7th September via our website.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Only ACM students are eligible for the prize.
- 1 X £20 Amazon voucher will be awarded to 1 individual.
- The deadline to be entered into each competition will be every weekday (07/09/20 – 18/09/20) at 16:00.
- The winner will be announced every weekday (07/09/20 – 18/09/20) at 17:00 after being randomly selected from all entrants with the correct answer. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Emailing of the prize may take up to 7 days after the announcement of the winner.
- The winner agrees to his/her/their content and social media channels being promoted on the ACM social media channels.
- The winner will need to provide an email address and contact details to ACM in order for the prize to be sent.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received before the deadline for whatever reason.
If you dream of achieving success in the creative industries, join us for our new Digital Open Day Experience. We can’t wait to see what our alumni do next – and we’d love to welcome you into the ACM community.