ACM is dedicated to preparing the next generation of musicians, producers, songwriters, technicians and music business executives for real careers in the creative industries. That’s why we have put together ‘DigiFest’, an online showcase that highlights the talent of our community, featuring an awards ceremony which champions the very best work submitted! We caught up Ace, ACM’s Director of Creative Industry Development, to learn more about DigiFest and what’s involved…
1) What is DigiFest and how did it come about?
DigiFest is a celebration of term three work, from all students and campuses, coming together and showing what they have achieved working remotely online while we’ve all been in full lockdown. It came about from an idea brought to us by ACM’s Chief Learning Officer, Denise Stanley, to highlight and celebrate the hard work, resilience and brilliance of our ACM students.
2) Who is DigiFest open to?
DigiFest is open to anyone who wants to see our FE, foundation, and HE students, across all years, disciplines and campuses, showcase their amazing work! It will also showcase our amazing ACM staff and tutors too – highlighting all the great work they do as musicians in the industry.
3) Tell us more about the awards ceremony and who is involved?
Submissions from students and staff have now closed as DigiFest (FE and foundation) is now open and DigiFest (HE) starts next week. There will be an awards ceremony on August 7th where some of the great work will be recognised by our sponsors and ACM, awarding prizes to the best submissions.
4) What virtual panels and events are there/will there be?
There is pre-recorded live footage, videos, tracks, playlists, DJ sets and much more within the festival to check out 24/7, plus live industry and societies panels on selected days via Zoom – learn more below!
5) Are there any other digital events at ACM?
There are Digital Open Days at ACM (join us for our next one on 5th August), Digital Metropolis open evenings coming soon, plus weekly Zoom calls with students are also available.
Register for Our Live Industry/Societies Panels and Win* Big!
Interested in studying at ACM or already applied to study here? Make sure to sign up to our live panels below and be within a chance of winning a £50 Andertons Voucher*!
- Navigating Through The Current Industry – Weds 22nd July @ 2PM – Sign up here!
- Video & Photography – Mon 27th July @ 2PM – Sign up here!
- Finding & Working With Managers – Weds 29th July @ 2PM –Sign up here!
- Radio Society, Business Q&A – Tues 28th July @ 5PM – Sign up here!
- Radio Society, Songwriters Panel – Thurs 30th July @ 5PM – Sign up here!
- Games Society Panel – Thurs 30th July @ 5PM – Sign up here!
To celebrate the fantastic submissions from our ACM community, we will be hosting a Digital Awards Ceremony at 2pm on Friday 7th August where we will be giving award prizes to the most outstanding submissions. We thank all our partners for being involved.
To attend the awards ceremony please register your interest here. More information will follow soon!
*Terms & Conditions
- Only those going through the ACM application process, those who have registered interest on our database or confirmed future ACM students are eligible for a prize.
- 1 X £50 Andertons voucher will be awarded to 1 individual.
- The winner will be announced on 07/08/20 after being randomly selected from all entrants. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prizes within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prizes from the winner and pick replacement winner.
- Shipping of the prize may take up to 28 days for delivery after the announcement of the winner.
- The winner agrees to his/her content and social media channels being promoted on the ACM social media channels.
- The winner will need to provide an address and contact details to ACM and consent to this information being shared with Andertons in order for the prize to be shipped correctly.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received before the deadline for whatever reason.
If you dream of achieving success in the creative industries, join us for our new Digital Open Day Experience. We can’t wait to see what our alumni do next – and we’d love to welcome you into the ACM community.