This post was written more than two years ago. The content or information below may no longer be accurate.
ACM, The Academy of Contemporary Music is happy to announce its recent acquisition by Kainne Clements, the entrepreneur who was recently named as one of three leading investors in the world renowned West London recording studio Metropolis.
This marks a new chapter in the ACM story. Under this unique partnership ACM students will form even stronger links between their course and the music industry as a whole. The recording giant Metropolis is home to the most successful independent recording, mastering, creative and production facility in Europe and creatively treats on average 50% of the UK Top 40 Charts. Building upon the strengths of each business, ACM and Metropolis aim to nurture both new and established talent, ranging from students to industry-professionals.
“I was struck by the synergies in both companies, although obviously catering to a completely different client base. You can see the thread where a student at ACM takes advantage of the relationship with Metropolis to help develop their career, and likewise, Metropolis’ clients stand to gain from a creative talent pool of graduates who understand the business. It’s clear there are massive opportunities to build on and I’m very excited to be a part of it.”
Kainne Clements New Owner of ACM, The Academy of Contemporary Music
A series of plans are afoot and will be announced later this year to build on the synergies between the two companies. There will be significant opportunities for ACM students to continue developing their skills, whilst experiencing the real world of music business at Metropolis. Initial discussions have highlighted showcasing, producing, work-based learning accreditations, apprenticeships and cross-company collaborations including masterclasses, songwriting camps and A&R courses for students old and new.
“ACM’s focus has always been to train the next generation of industry professionals, which we achieve by nurturing relationships with the music and sound industries and listening to what they have to say.
The family relationship we now have with Metropolis fits this purpose perfectly. Not only can we ensure our courses continue to be current and industry relevant, but we also have an outlet for ACM’s graduates directly into such an established and highly regarded organisation”.
Ant Greaves Head of Audio Production
ACM’s Patron Roger Taylor understands the value and opportunities this new relationship offers – and having recorded two albums ‘Innuendo’ and ‘Made In Heaven’ (and the video for ‘Headlong’) as well as many recordings alongside his Queen band-mates at Metropolis, it seems this partnership was meant to be.
“I would expect some exciting new developments to come out of this relationship of two old friends”
Roger Taylor Patron of ACM
ACM & Metropolis – A Revolutionary Music Industry and Education Partnership.
ACM, The Academy of Contemporary Music is…
- …a proven world leader in music education who recently introduced of a unique two year accelerated music degree course.
- …the place of choice for new and aspiring artists to kick start a career in music – ACM’s extensive Alumni roster includes (among others) Newton Faulkner, MTV’s Brand New for 2013 Artist Ebony Day, Lawson’s Joel Peat and Ryan Fletcher.
- …dedicated to equipping and prepare students for a career in the music and creative industry through live auditions & industry internship opportunities.
- …a world leader in recording/producing the worlds leading and developing music talent.
- …dedicated to bringing an artists musical vision to life through state-of-the-art digital and analogue facilities.
- …a longstanding music industry partner and dedicated to delivering the latest innovations in music making.
- …..has been the go to studio for a wealth of artists from all genres over the years, including Queen, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, the Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse, U2, will.i.am, The Stone Roses, Rihanna, The Verve, Mark Ronson, One Direction, Adele, The Clash, Maroon 5, The Cure, Madonna, Justin Bieber and Lana Del Rey.
Read the the previous Music Week announcement in full.