ACM was pleased to welcome James Bauer-Mein, one half of The Nexus writing and production team (with David Sneddon), to ACM to deliver a Music Production masterclass. The two hour session took place on 15th May in ACM’s state-of-the-art SSL Studio.
More about The Nexus
David and James met while touring together as professional musicians in 2003. After starting to write together for new projects, they soon realised their passion for developing and writing with artists, quickly establishing their first European hit “The Message” for UK artist Nate James.
David & James took on the moniker ‘The Nexus’ and signed to SonyATV publishing in July 2009. Within a year The Nexus were making a name for themselves as the place to go for new artist development. Most notably their first project with HURTS and the global multi platinum debut album ‘Happiness’ spawned three songs ‘Illuminated / Silver Lining / Blood Tears & Gold’ with Zane Lowe giving the song ‘Blood Tears & Gold’ its Radio 1 premier in January 2010 as his “Hottest Record in the World”. Two of the tracks would go on to become singles for the band in 2011.
2012 would see The Nexus increase their success with singles and album releases across the globe including Lana Del Rey which resulted in the single “National Anthem’ appearing on the international multi platinum hit album ‘Paradise’. The album would go on to sell over 4 million records, reaching number 1 in 11 countries. Additionally, The Nexus have worked and released with artists such as Newton Faulkner, Morten Harket, Will Young, Nicole Scherzinger, Olly Murs, Pixie Lott and Kristina Train (to name a few!).
As well as working with established artists The Nexus particularly enjoy working on artist development. This can include artists either recently signed and working on their first record or exciting unsigned artists looking for songs and direction to take to labels. These have included recent signings The Vamps, Jetta, James Bay, Bebe Black and Ryan Ashley.
James Bauer-Mein (The Nexus) Discography
- Lana Del Rey – ‘National Anthem’: Co-Wrote/Vocal Production
- Wonderland – ‘Time Had Run Out’: Co-Wrote Album Track
- David Archuleta – Don’t Run Away: Co-Wrote/Production of Single
- Greyson Chance – ‘Sunshine & City Lights’: Co-Wrote/Production of Single
- Charlie Brown – ‘Dependency’: Co-Wrote/Original Production of Single
- Morten Karket – ‘Keep The Sun Away’: Co-Wrote Single
- Newton Faulkner – ‘Pick Up Your Broken Heart’: Co-Wrote/Original Production of Album Track
- Newton Faulkner – ‘Soon’: Co-Wrote Album Track
- Newton Faulkner – ‘Feel’: Co-Wrote/Production of Single