Created by Eighth Day Sound to support the development of creativity and champion entrepreneurship, the Eighth Day Scholarship rewards one technical services student at ACM Guildford or ACM Birmingham with support for up to 2 years of study, worth £22,000.
Founded in 1980 and driven by customer demand, Eighth Day Sound has grown into a global company that routinely provides services to the biggest names who demand the best. It’s portfolio speaks for itself.
Eighth Day Sound says “We are a company designed for customer experience. From the warehouse and front office, to our touring and install staff, every member of our organization knows that they make a difference. As a result, an unprecedented amount of resources and attention are put toward exceeding our clients expectations.”
Besides their own facilities, they conduct global operations with a network of worldwide manufacturers and local service providers that share the same philosophy in servicing clients and conducting operations. This allows them to support every project, every day, everywhere 24/7.
“Eighth Day Sound is excited to be collaborating alongside the ACM Team on this scholarship. We are thrilled to be able to offer such an exciting opportunity to the next generation of industry professionals looking to enter into the constantly evolving Technical Services Industry. Being able to contribute directly to a person’s development is a great responsibility, one that we all look forward to supporting with the global resources at Eighth Day Sound.” – Eighth Day Sound
1. To apply to The Eighth Day Sound Scholarship programme, you must be on a Technical Services course at either ACM Guildford or Birmingham (this means locked in firm on UCAS and your ACM contract sent back!).
If you’re not currently a student at ACM, fear not, simply follow the instructions on our apply page to get your ACM journey started. Applicants to those pathways including the ‘Level 0’ / Foundation Year precursor at ACM Guildford will also be accepted.
2. Next, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Eighth Day Sound Scholarship Submission from Your Name”.
Make sure the email contains a link to a video (no more than 3 minutes in length) that tells us all about you and your relationship with your chosen profession.
How To Apply:
- Campus; Guildford & Birmingham
- Scholarship Cost; Up to £22,000
- Requirements; Applied via UCAS, offer letter returned, firm on UCAS
- Course; Technical Services
– Be sure to introduce yourself – we want to know who you are! – Explain to us all about your history in music, your interests and what your ambitions are.
- Tell us what winning the Scholarship would mean to you.
Keep in mind, as this scholarship is for those wishing to pursue a career in Technical Services, we are particularly interested in any entrepreneurial ideas that you may have, any live or technical projects that you might have already worked on, and any artist work you’ve already undertaken and/or as many events you have been involved with, from an organisational / production perspective. (for example, have you helped somebody plan a tour? Promote a show? Managed a stage?).
Don’t worry about the quality of your video, performance or production; this is a video to simply tell us about yourself. Nevertheless, we do welcome videos that demonstrate the best of all your creative skills, so don’t hold back. Entries must be received by the end of X .
3. Entries will be shortlisted initially by a panel of ACM judges, before being reviewed by members of Eighth Day Sound, who will choose the final recipient.
Entries must be received by the closing date, which is estimated to be at the end of June 2021. The exact date will be confirmed nearer the time.
From ACM and Eighth Day Sound, we wish you the very best of luck!”