ACM has designed its course offerings to make studying with us great value for money.
At ACM Guildford, through our accelerated programmes of study where term times are extended to represent the UK School model rather than traditional Colleges/ Universities (where some students are only taught for 24 weeks of the year), you will receive a more intensive, content-enriched and genuinely industry-based music education in a shorter amount of time than traditional programmes at other institutions.
Where we identify passion, potential, character, commitment and therefore issue an offer to study at ACM, we pledge to do all we can to make sure that our immersive music industry education is affordable for you.
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. Higher Education courses at ACM Guildford are designated each year by the Department for Education (we expect this annual process to be complete by early 2017. visit http://www.hefce.ac.uk/reg/desig/student/ for more information).
If you require further information, however, please reach out to our Student Finance Team on 01483 500 804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For latest details about student loan availability for ACM Higher Education programmes please check the ACM website.
Details regarding current course eligibility for student loans can be found on the HEFCE website. hefce.ac.uk/reg/register/search/Provider/10013357
Student Finance Calculator
- ACM recommends that you commence your student finance application as soon as possible.
- New students can get clued up on what financial support is available before applying at gov.uk/studentfinance or studentfinancewales.co.uk. Extra help may be available to you if you have dependants or a disability.
- Keep a note of the email address you use when applying for student finance and make sure you choose a password that you’ll remember. The most common calls to the Student Loans Company are from students who have forgotten their password.
- If you’re applying for funding based on household income, you and your sponsor (normally parent or partner) must provide the correct financial and personal information. Your funding can be removed if you are found to have provided incorrect details.
Returning Students / 2nd Year Degree Students
- All returning students (including 2nd Year Degree Students) must complete a new Student Finance application to cover their 2nd year fees.
- If you’re continuing your course this year but your personal details or family circumstances have changed since last year, make sure you gather the details in advance of submitting your application.
- Be aware of fraudsters aiming to steal your student finance by sending phishing emails claiming to be from the Student Loans Company or Student Finance England / Wales.
- Never post your bank details anywhere online or disclose them in an email or text.
- Send any suspicious student finance emails to: email@example.com to highlight them to SLC, who can close them down to protect other students.
If you run into any issues or have a question regarding a Student Finance application for your ACM higher education programme of study, then get in touch with ACM’s Student Finance Team directly on 01483 500 804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you get loans and funding at the start of each term it can seem like a lot of money. But making it last across the year can be hard, especially with all the added costs like books and social groups. Here we list things to add up in your budget. Then you can see if you’re on track or if you need to cut down on anything.
Add up your income
Include your loan, savings, job income and any grants.
Then take off your essential outgoings
E.g. rent, bills, food, travel etc.
Whatever’s left you can spend on other things
E.g. books, socialising, clothes etc.
When Can I Apply for a Student Loan?
ACM recommends that you commence your student finance application as soon as possible.
If you’re applying for full-time study that commences in 2017/2018 you will be able to apply from the Spring of 2017.
Student Loan Application Requirements: Proof of Identification
If you’re a first time Student Loan applicant you’ll need to provide a COPY of your valid UK passport.
If you do not have a passport or it has expired you will need to send your original birth or adoption certificate, plus the completed Certificate Form
All original identification documents will be returned to you by Student Finance England within four weeks of your submission.
Can I Make a Change to my Student Loan Application?
All applicants can amend their personal details e.g. bank or contact details via their online account and full time ACM students can also use this online access to change the amount of Tuition Fee Loan or Maintenance Loan (if the course hasn’t already started).
If your course has already started you’ll need to contact ACM’s Finance Team directly to change your Tuition Fee Loan or course.
IMPORTANT: If any of your personal information changes you will need to contact Student Finance England by phone – including:
- Your household income changes
- Your name changes
- Your marital status changes
- Your parents have more children
Useful ACM Student Finance Contact Information
Get in touch with ACM’s Student Finance Team directly on 01483 500 804 or email email@example.com
Student Finance Explained
These loans come direct from regional student finance companies across the UK – England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland – and financial support varies depending where you’re from in or outside the UK.
About Maintenance Loans
If you’re a full-time UK applicant you may also be able to get a Maintenance Loan to help with your living costs – you can apply for these at the same time as you apply for a tuition fee loan.
Maintenance Loans are loans you’ll have to pay back later – they provide you with money at the start of each term (or monthly if you study in Scotland). The amount you can get varies, depending on your household income, where you study, where you live and how long for.
Applying for a Student Loan
Student loan applications can either be submitted online or by completing the printable student loans form and returned by post. However you decide to submit your student loan application, there are a number of free resources available to ensure you submit the correct information and receive the right amount of financial assistance.
Solving Student Finance Issues
ACM recommends that any student applying for a Student Loan completes the ONLINE FORM. Before you begin your online application each applicant will need to create a unique user account, which will allow you to make multiple amendments to your Student Loan application before submitting the form for consideration. This ultimately makes the process far simpler to complete and manage.
In addition, if you have submitted your Student Loan application online, ACM’s Finance Team are able to liaise directly (once permission has been granted) with the Student Loans Company on your behalf to help settle any issues that could affect your application. You will need to provide SFE with the department (The Finance Department) that will contact them on your behalf and a password that you will need to share with the ACM Finance Team.
Please Note: These details would be kept secure and only used under strict guidelines.
ACM Student Loan Application FAQs
It is important to check your application and make sure all information requested has been correctly provided including the following:
- Full College Name
- Course Title as known by Student Finance England
- Course fee – Amount capped by Student Finance England
- Course start and end dates