This post was written more than two years ago. The content or information below may no longer be accurate.
ACM is proud to confirm the availability of Professional Career Development Loans for our 1 year Artist Development and Tour Production & Management courses.
ACM’s 1 Year Artist Development Course
The Artist Development programme is an intensive, full time programme, delivered over two x 15 week semesters that is designed to give students the skills, tools and industry knowledge needed to thrive as an artist in the 21st century music industry.
This highly practical course allows students to develop their musical artistry, with lessons covering everything from stagecraft and songwriting to studio development and digital distribution. Industry focused lessons, covering marketing and promotion, music business and law will ensure each student leaves with the knowledge needed to get ahead in an incredibly competitive marketplace.
More about ACM’s Artist Development Course.
About Professional Career Development Loans
Professional and Career Development Loans are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help with a career or help get someone into work.
Prospective students may be able to borrow between £300 and £10,000. Loans are usually offered at a reduced interest rate and the government pays interest while they’re studying. Repayments don’t start until after the course ends.
Courses can be up to 2 years in length and don’t have to lead to a qualification ; they just have to help with a career. The student should be 18 or over.
More about Career Development Loans.
How to apply
- Find out which banks offer the loan and order an application pack by calling the National Careers service on 0800 100 900 or request a call back.
- Fill in the application form and send it to the bank.
- The bank will decide if you qualify for a loan.
- You take out the loan with the bank and agree to their repayment conditions.
- You should apply 3 months before your course starts to give the bank enough time to process your application.
Eligibility & How to Apply
To apply you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts
- Plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course
For more information about Career Development Loans or to talk through about how to apply for ACM’s Artist Development and Tour Production & Management courses, please get in touch with ACM on 01483 500800 or email us.