Next Bootcamp: August 2017
Struggling to recognise your sharps, flats and time signatures? Want to know more about intervals and triads? Well ACM’s Music Theory Bootcamp is here to save the day!
Each summer ACM runs a week-long course dedicated to helping you improve your music theory skills. This course is also suitable for applicants applying for full-time Degree and Diploma programmes who want to brush up on their theory prior to commencing their studies with us.
Music Theory Bootcamp – Equivalent to Grade 5 Music Theory
- Course Fee – £195
- Date: Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August 2017
- Duration: 5 Days
- Hours: 10-4pm
The course covers all aspects of music theory required to successfully study on the ACM Higher Education Programmes. Students will also be taught ways to develop their perception of pitch, harmony and rhythm, sharpening up the skills needed to transcribe, compose and perform music. Now successfully into its third year of delivery, this fun, intensive course is a proven way of rapidly improving both music theory and aural perception skills.
- Time signatures, including irregular meters/bars.
- The stave (developing knowledge of SATB formation).
- Key signatures and chordal patterns, looking further at the tonic, supertonic, subdominant and dominant chords and their functions.
- All major and minor scales.
- Composition; developing melodic and harmonic ideas.
- Terms and signs; developing knowledge on the terminology used in notation.
The Music Theory Bootcamp course is based on ACM’s acclaimed Higher Diploma syllabus and will result in students receiving the equivalent of Grade 5 standard of Music Theory (i.e. equivalent to such boards as ABRSM, Trinity and LCM).
Contact ACM’s Admissions Team on 01483 500 800 or by emailing email@example.com for any further information.