Targeted and Specialist Services CoordinatorLocation : ACM Guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2021-09-03 Salary: £27,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider offering a range of Further and Higher Education programmes in subjects including Music Performance, Songwriting and Creative Artistry, Audio Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation. With campuses in Surrey, London and Birmingham, we are also proud to have Metropolis Studios, Europe’s largest recording complex, within our company group.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The role of the Targeted and Specialist Services Coordinator is to act as the triage point between Student Hub and the Wellbeing Coaches and Counsellors, as well as the directing point for assistance outside of ACM
- Triage appointments with students
- Follow up from the triage appointment. This could include one or more of the following:
– Triage form is completed – includes the headlines of each appointment, so that a paper trail is kept for triage team (always completed)
– Refer the student for wellbeing sessions or counselling sessions (filling out referral form for the wellbeing advisor/ counsellor, coordinating the wellbeing session to fit in with the students timetable, confirming the appointment with the student, sending reminders for appointment)s
– Refer the student to external support services, GP etc (filling out referral forms, contacting the agency or forwarding the details of the agency to the student)
– Refer the student to another team (corresponding with the team, booking the student in for a meeting with another team etc)
- Regular check ins with students that are on the waiting list for specialist services
- Attending regular meetings with the Diploma team for information sharing where appropriate and to discuss and follow up any wellbeing concerns that they have about their students
- Attending meetings organised by the Engagement team where student’s absence may be linked to a wellbeing issue. Where appropriate, I can make the student aware of the support that ACM can offer
- Attending and sometimes hosting universal services events
- Advising on safeguarding matters – following up referrals for wellbeing that arise from safeguarding matters
- Approachable personality
- Have undergone recent Mental Health First Aid training
- Have a vast experience working within student support
- Be a outstanding listener
- Have a background in customer service
- Have previous Wellbeing experience or training
- Additional experience or training within safeguarding, Dyslexia support, Autism support, mental health support
All ACM staff work to the same value’s which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.