Social Media ManagerLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-10-09 Department : Marketing
ACM isn’t just your average educational institution; it’s a powerhouse of creativity, a hotbed of innovation, and a thriving hub for artists. With a lineup of around 2,000 students enrolled in a spectrum of FE and HE programs, including Music Performance, Creative Arts, Production, Technical Services, and Business, were rewriting the rules of education.
As a Social Media Manager, you’ll lead the charge in crafting and curating our social media presence. Your responsibilities range from overseeing daily channel management to injecting innovative ideas, all aimed at elevating our social media presence and brand identity. Proficiency across various platforms, particularly Meta and TikTok, combined with a keen eye for detail and a flair for polished copywriting, is fundamental to your success in this role. Your self-driven initiative and quick adaptability will not only ensure your personal growth but also contribute to the overall enrichment of our dynamic digital marketing team.
WHY WORK FOR ACM?
Your role as a Social Media Manager at ACM goes beyond routine tasks. You’ll be instrumental in shaping the digital narrative, creating visually captivating content, and engaging with an audience that’s deeply passionate about the performing arts.
ACM encourages creativity not only in the classroom but also in every aspect of its operations. Your role will challenge you to think creatively, experiment with fresh ideas, and contribute to a vibrant online presence that resonates with students, artists, and art enthusiasts. At ACM, we’re all about embracing authenticity. Thrive in an inclusive environment that celebrates uniqueness, allowing you to dress comfortably and express your unique identity.
Joining ACM means becoming a member of a collaborative and supportive team. You’ll work alongside professionals who share your passion for creativity and are driven by a collective mission.
A decentralised and democratised & inclusive education system, accessible across boarders and integrated with industry-leading professionals and organisations.
- Crafting, curating, and publishing engaging content across ACM’s social channels to align with pivotal marketing moments.
- Collaborating closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to maintain an updated content calendar across all platforms, enriched with compelling copy and visuals.
- Coordinating seamlessly with the Digital Marketing Manager and out-house teams for strategising, capturing and scheduling content.
- Coordinating with students to spearhead student-led content initiatives, amplifying their voices and experiences.
- Getting stuck in by attending both on and off-campus events to capture dynamic content that resonates with our audience.
- Assisting in analysing follower growth, engagement metrics, traffic patterns, and conversion rates across all channels and delivering monthly reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Delving into competitor research and presenting insightful findings to the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Collaborating with the larger marketing team to brainstorm, develop, and execute innovative content concepts.
- Seamlessly attending both offline and online meetings to contribute your expertise.
You’ll shine as a Social Media Manager with:
- A comprehensive grasp of major social media platforms, channeling insights into strategic mastery.
- The art of crafting tailored content that speaks volumes to diverse target audiences.
- Impeccable organisational dexterity, deftly managing tasks even in tight timelines.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools such as Canva and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficiency in devising, executing, and assessing campaigns using platforms like Sprout Social.
- Independent initiative that fuels your autonomy and decision-making prowess. Adaptability and Flexibility: Quick adaptation to evolving social media trends and algorithms and the ability to identify emerging trends and viral content.
– GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
– A minimum of 3 years prior experience in a dedicated social media role.
- Skill in interacting and engaging with an online community.
- Ability to edit videos for platforms like TikTok and Reels
- Effective communication within teams and with external partners
- Strong organisational acumen.
- Effective team player cultivating harmonious relationships with students and colleagues.
- Poised performance under pressure, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- A proactive thinker who thrives in autonomy.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills, including video editing, to provide comprehensive support and creative resolutions.
– Level 6 qualification (Degree or equivalent)
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
Supportive environments To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the postholder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the postholder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.