Programme AdministratorLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2024-03-01 Salary range: £25,000 - £25,627
Programme Administrator Job Description
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment. We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum. Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities. Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The Programme Administrator primary duties will be carried out in collaboration with the other staff within the Education Department in ACM’s approach to the management and coordination of assessments, boards and awards and The Curriculum. This is a support role with a broad scope across the Education function at ACM, the role will be based onsite at the ACM Guildford campus, some travel between campus sites might be required.
- Respond to student queries via the Assessment central helpdesk;
- Answer queries from students with academic-related queries;
- Provide a high level of administrative support to assessment, curriculum and programme operations functions across Higher Education;
- Distribute mass communications as directed;
- Organise and carry out the necessary preparations including administration and clerking responsibilities to The Curriculum committee, The Assessment Board, Finalist Exam Board and any relevant department meetings;
- Supporting the students on your designated pathways with any academic support requests and as a general support.
- Providing an element of quality assurance within the pathways the administrator supports directly. Ensuring compliance with all of our current policies and procedures.
- Having ownership and management over the administration for specific processes relating to Curriculum and Assessments. For example: content creation, reasonable adjustments for assessments, the curriculum map;
- Provide administrative support to the Pathway Leaders and any other programme-related activities as required;
- Distribute Board and Panel outcomes;
- Data administration and management of assessment and curriculum related tasks throughout the academic year.
- Quality checking certificates against conferment lists and distributing certificates per ACM’s procedure;
- Working with the wider Registry team to reconcile student data and information across all ACM systems, with particular responsibility for Extenuating Circumstances, Reasonable Adjustments and Academic Misconduct;
- Updating the relevant pages and functions within the Canvas Virtual Learning environment relating to assessments and curriculum;
- Working with the Additional Needs and Disabilities Coordinator to ensure Reasonable Adjustments are logged and applied to eligible students.
- Supporting The Programme Team with incoming extenuating circumstance requests.
- Experienced administrator;
- Experience of educational working practices;
- Experience of problem solving;
- Experience of dealing with sensitive casework;
- Awareness of data protection, freedom of information and consumer rights legislation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing;
- Proven organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Proactive and flexible attitude to work;
- Proven ability of working well under pressure, to deadlines and with minimal supervision;
- Good IT skills using MS packages, Google Suite and databases, with particular skills in Excel;
- Good time management skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous projects to deadlines;
- Methodical and accurate approach – meticulous attention to detail.
- First degree or equivalent;
- Experience of committee servicing/ minute taking;
- Knowledge of Higher Education systems, process and procedures in the UK;
- Experience of analysing and reflecting on data and process and proposing change and solutions;
- Experience of customer service;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the QAA Good Practice framework;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the OIA Good Practice framework;
- Experience of developing and reviewing policies.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required during peak work times;
- Willingness to travel between campuses as required.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
Inclusivity – To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
Supportive environments – To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation – To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
Connectivity – To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards – To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Salary: From £25,627.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Health & wellbeing programme
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- GUILDFORD: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: £25,000.00-£25,627.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Guildford (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Guildford: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.