Learning TechnologistLocation : remote Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-03-26 Department : Digital Education Salary: £30,497
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The Learning Technologist will be responsible for the developing and supporting the ongoing learning technology systems of the Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) to enhance teaching, learning and assessment. This will include ensuring the quality and standards of service to provide business continuity to meet the needs of ACM’s Educational content and offer. This will be achieved through supporting all key stakeholders, staff and students in utilising and developing skills to be proficient in the use of learning technologies, by running workshops and providing training and offering guidance and support.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in working with Virtual Learning Environments, with great attention to detail and a high standard of work and engagement with customers. You will have experience in working in Further or Higher Education and will be happy to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders. This role is a full time role, working Monday to Friday, the role is offered as remote working however there might be occasions where you are required to attend the offices in Guildford in Surrey for meetings.
- Create high quality support materials, to assist teaching staff in the effective use of ACM’s online learning platform (Canvas)
- Provide administrative support for ACM’s online learning platform, ensuring that they are configured to meet the current strategic aims
- Sign-post staff to existing online CANVAS training
- Support teaching staff to ensure that their teaching materials are organised and easily accessible on a range of different devices
- Project management of module deployment
- Develop and deliver training/workshops to staff and students on using ACM’s online learning platforms to ensure a consistent learner experience
- Contribute actively to the ACM’s communities, highlighting developments within the field of learning technologies
- Champion the use of wide range of online technology throughout ACM
- Ensure that the ACM Diversity statement is incorporated into all activities
- Ensure that the ACM Safeguarding statement is incorporated into all activities
- Ensure compliance with the ACM Data Protection Policy, reporting breaches to the ACM’s Data Controller
- Any other duties as required by the line manager and that are commensurate with the grade of the post
- Experience of developing elearning and training modules in the Further Education and Higher Education environment
- Experience of administering a VLE (e.g.Canvas)
- Experience in developing and delivering training resources key stakeholders
- Degree level qualification, or relevant experience, or professional qualification
- Demonstrated ability to operate a broad range of computer packages including;
- multimedia software applications (i.e. Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- eLearning authoring tools (i.e. Panopto)
- Experience with using MS Office and Google Suite
- Able to develop high quality multimedia resources in support of teaching, learning & assessment
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- An ability to adapt positively to new ideas and/or changes to work policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate internally and escalate issues as appropriate through regular reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal professionally with all levels of key stakeholders in the organisation
- Attention to detail with proofreading experience
- Demonstrates drive and ability to use own initiative to solve practical problems without supervision
- Work with internal teams to provide business continuity in regard to VLE administration, support and potential solutions
- Able to work as part of a team and to develop and sustain good working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to offer proactive, informed and reliable professional advice and support to colleagues
- Post graduate qualification
- Ability to identify suitable reporting techniques to produce analytical data to inform system usage
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.