IT Support Specialist – Level 2 SupportLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2021-06-20 Salary range: £26,000 - £28,000
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
To maintain and Support ACM Staff and Student facing production IT facilities, and to provide frontline support.
- Support Staff and Students through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues, working on a number of open cases at one time and working through problems to completion.
- Dealing with 1st Line to 3rd Line Support calls via ticket system
- Setting up new users on all systems and applications including but not limited to Google G-suite, AD/Office365, Creative cloud.
- Ensure Computers and Servers are maintained to a high standard and up to date with relevant software.
- Assistance with Server setup and migrations.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications Microsoft OS and MacOS
- Communicate with technicians across different campuses to maintain continuity of specification throughout ACM.
- Work with MDM JAMF administration to create ‘policies’ that create and maintain an ideal Staff / Student / Studio Workstation.
- Research and develop custom tools and processes to better manage the above.
- Perform physical checks on workstations and network connections.
- Keep logs and databases on all equipment and software holding relevant information.
- Communicate all news regarding updates to students and staff via wallpapers and emails to help ensure ACM are in line with Student software versions as far as possible.
- Keep up to date with news and reports relating to software we use to be aware of future updates and any other information that may affect ACM
- Carry out regular maintenance across the site during holiday periods.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience of Operating Systems – macOSx and iOs, Linux, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Desktop Applications, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office 365, MDM Software, Active Directory, Networking Skills, TCP/IP.
- An understanding of audio software and related file systems.
- Excellent and highly reliable organisational skills.
- Approachable, professional manner with clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective team player capable of building good working relationships with students and colleagues.
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure.
- Proactive thinker
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to judge efficacy of procedures and propose more effective alternatives.
- Capable of multitasking, assigning priorities quickly and effectively.
- Excellent and reliable attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues quickly and effectively in pressured environments; to think on your feet and deal with any situation calmly and effectively.
- Keen to pick up new skills and advance training in a wide range of areas to provide efficient support and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Ability to look well in advance and pre-empt issues or requests before they occur.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technological skills
- Highly developed creative and lateral thinker
- Motivational skills
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Confident personality
- Experience working with Google Apps, Wireless Technologies, Web Technologies, Music Production Applications (Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live etc), Adobe Creative Suite, FileMaker, Jamf, Fortinet Firewall
- A passion for music
All ACM staff work to the same value’s which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.