Head of Student Recruitment & OutreachLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2021-05-09 Salary range: £40,000 - £75,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artistry, Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
Based at ACM Guildford, and travelling to other ACM campuses as needed, the Head of Student Recruitment & Outreach will be accountable for Student Recruitment at ACM and responsible for the activities and efficacy of ACM’s centralised Applicant Advisor Team, as well as for ACM’s Events and Outreach staff who are based at individual campuses. They will work closely with these people, as well as staff within ACM’s Marketing Department and the Executive(s) responsible for Sales and Marketing at ACM to ensure that the organisation’s commercial objectives are met, whilst maintaining compliance with ACM’s relevant Admissions policies and procedures for application assessment and offers of study ; working with the guidance and support of ACM’s Registrar and Admissions Manager in this area.
- To be accountable for future student numbers at ACM, by way of the conversion of leads into contracted students.
- To manage the Applicant Advisor Team, holding regular meetings with them, directing and reporting on their activity and efficacy.
- To manage the Schools, Events and Outreach team. To hold regular meetings with the team and report on their activity and efficacy.
- To work with a wide spectrum of stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of the courses that ACM delivers across its campuses at various study levels, translating that understanding of their content, construct, delivery methodology, entry requirements and other features of note into documentation to aid the communication and promotion of our products by staff and teams across the company, not least those within your line management structure.
- To maintain regular contact with prospective students through the various stages of the prospect chain, from first contact / enquiry through to enrolment, including keep warm communications and activities that are designed to get students learning, even before their studies officially start.
- To ensure that the Applicant Advisor team is well informed and compliant with sector legislation.
- To devise and implement recruitment strategies and operational plans that support the recruitment of suitable students wishing to pursue creative industries careers through study at ACM
- To have responsibility for the planning, delivery and evaluation of off-campus recruitment events and activities including school and college events, as well as wider community engagement activity.
- To schedule and manage recruitment events that maximise the generation and conversion of student applications.
- To effectively evaluate and report on the recruitment and outreach efficacy of the department.
- To oversee the training, development and ongoing support of the team, including setting objectives, targets and monitoring performance using relevant ACM policies and procedures and overall ACM commercial targets.
- To work with the Admissions Manager to train Applicant Advisors in enacting ACM’s Admissions related policies and procedures when assessing and offering study opportunities to prospective students, recording their work and decision making using the relevant systems. This includes areas of UCAS, APL/APEL, DSA, Criminal Records and Non-UK qualifications.
- To train Applicant Advisors in having effective communications with prospective students that are conducive to conversion of interest to enrolment.
- To be responsible for liaison with academic staff as to their involvement ACM’s recruitment events and activities including Auditions, Open Days, Pathway Days, Audition Preparation Boot-Camps and other forms of outreach.
- To draw demand and/or direct specific support from the Marketing Department as is needed to meet commercial targets and support such activities.
- To remain aware of competitor activity through targeted observations, professional networks and reports.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all activities delivered by the recruitment and activity team are promoted and publicised as effectively as possible, in conjunction with the Marketing team and where needed, producing and monitoring the quality of communications material that is used.
- To evaluate marketing / sales / crm data, and to translate that data into effective recruitment and outreach strategies.
- To oversee and report on the effective handling of email, phone, chat and other digital and offline communications channels in terms of enquiries about studies at ACM.
- To oversee the management of the relevant Recruitment and Outreach budgets relating to expenditure on recruitment activity, ensuring that resource is appropriately allocated and deployed within agreed levels.
- Extensive working background within an education, admissions or applicant recruitment team
- Previous line management experience
- Experience of setting, working towards and meeting commercial targets
- Experience of working in a Further, Higher or Private Education setting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT literacy
- Excellent proficiency with Data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.