HE Cohort Tutor: Games Art and AnimationLocation : birmingham Employment type : OTHER Expires : 2022-12-09 Department : ACM Games Academy Salary: £36,000
- Support the teaching and assessment objectives of ACM through high-quality classroom delivery and innovative assessment
- Contribute to assessment briefs, standardisation and marking in line with current ACM academic practice
- Develop teaching materials, resources and module content for delivery across ACM
- Supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements
- Undertake tutorials: These will either be formally scheduled as part of the students’ timetable and facilitated by the module team (Drop-ins) or booked in via the module team identifying the need for more support and/or upskilling within a module, discipline or pathway. Tutorials should be focussed on the individual needs of the student.
- Use the VLE as an effective tool to continue to develop and grow the reach of education at ACM
- Maximise the use of technology in teaching and the development of compelling curriculum content
- Contribute to existing content of modules related to your specialism, to lead and teach modules related to your specialism, as well as contribute to other project modules within the Academy
- Participate in training in line with the professional development frameworks and partners frameworks
- Maintain high levels of awareness around safeguarding and when needed follow the safeguarding procedure
- Participate in the tutor forum and module team meetings as required
- Review own contribution and student module feedback to ensure own continuous development
- Attend open days and auditions as required to ensure students are given correct course information and support
- Complete all marking within the allocated timeframes for your given cohort
- Have an awareness of safeguarding and welfare, following the correct channels if concerned
- Deliver high quality teaching
Benchmarks for Higher Education:
- External Examiner role for another HE institution programme in their field
- Published work in academic or professional texts
- Course design and delivery
- Instructional Design for Continuing Professional Development
- Leadership roles and/or membership in Professional Associations in their field eg FRSA, MMF, AIM, PRS, MU, etc
- Current combination of Professional and academic experience
- Research Fellowships
- Industry or Civic Awards
- Creative Enterprise development
- Creative Industries Researchers and Consultants
Essential Person Specification
- As a minimum, a related undergraduate qualification
- Ability to teach using a range of techniques (e.g. including small and large group work, utilising blended learning techniques)
- Some understanding of safeguarding
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and reporting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively
- Awareness of the current issues impacting Higher/Further Education and the role that teaching plays
Desirable Person Specification
- PGCE or other postgraduate qualification
- Experience in curriculum and assessment design and creation
- Safeguarding experience or qualification
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.