HE Cohort Tutor (Business)Location : ACM Guildford Employment type : OTHER Expires : 2021-09-24 Salary: £36,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider offering a range of Further and Higher Education programmes in subjects including Music Performance, Songwriting and Creative Artistry, Audio Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation. With campuses in Surrey, London and Birmingham, we are also proud to have Metropolis Studios, Europe’s largest recording complex, within our company group.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
ACM Tutors play a critical role in achieving excellent, measurable, quality results in the education sector for all of our students.
- Support the teaching and assessment objectives of ACM through high-quality classroom delivery and innovative assessment
- Contribute to assessment briefs, standardisation and marking in line with current ACM acadmis practice
- Develop teaching materials, resources and module content for delivery across ACM
- Supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements
- Use the VLE as an effective tool to continue to develop and grow the reach of education at ACM
- Maximise the use of technology in teaching and the development of compelling curriculum content
- Contribute to existing content of modules related to your specialism, to lead and teach modules related to your specialism, as well as contribute to other project modules within the Academy
- Participate in training in line with the professional development frameworks and partners frameworks
- Maintain high levels of awareness around safeguarding and when needed follow the safeguarding procedure
- Participate in the tutor forum and module team meetings as required
- Review own contribution and student module feedback to ensure own continuous development
Benchmarks for Higher Education:
- External Examiner role for another HE institution programme in their field
- Published work in academic or professional texts
- Course design and delivery
- Instructional Design for Continuing Professional Development
- Leadership roles and/or membership in Professional Associations in their field eg FRSA, MMF, AIM, PRS, MU, etc
- Current combination of Professional and academic experience
- Research Fellowships
- Industry or Civic Awards
- Creative Enterprise development
- Creative Industries Researchers and Consultants
Essential Person Specification
- As a minimum, a related undergraduate qualification
- Ability to teach using a range of techniques (e.g. including small and large group work, utilising blended learning techniques)
- Some understanding of safeguarding
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and reporting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively
- Awareness of the current issues impacting Higher/Further Education and the role that teaching plays
Desirable Person Specification
- PGCE or other postgraduate qualification
- Experience in curriculum and assessment design and creation
- Safeguarding experience or qualification
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.