Group Head of Digital EducationLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-01-07 Department : Digital Education Team Salary range: £60,000 - £70,000
Department: Digital Education
Reports To: DVC
(Job Responsibility spans all three campuses Guildford, London & Birmingham)
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider offering a range of Further and Higher Education programmes in subjects including Music Performance, Songwriting and Creative Artistry, Audio Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation. With campuses in Surrey, London and Birmingham, we are also proud to have Metropolis Studios, Europe’s largest recording complex, within our company group.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The Group Head of Digital Education you will oversee the digital education team and library manager to support online learning and development
- Responsible for the development of a Digital Education Strategy for ACM and lead on the successful implementation of this strategy – resulting in change of practice and approach of a large number of academic staff, resulting in significant enhancements to the collective experiences of ACM students
- Lead on and project manage the development of digital assets, to ensure it is current, relevant to the industry and accessible to a range of learners.
- Manage the Digital Education Team ensuring it is both responsive and proactive
- Play a full role as a member of the ACM integrated management team including proactive, supportive and constructive participation, but also challenging where appropriate, whilst maintaining collective responsibility.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of education strategic plans, policies, operational plans, and service level definitions.
- Responsible for maintaining a reliable, effective and robust set of learning technology services for staff and students.
- Liaise effectively with the managers and staff teams to negotiate the availability and allocation of resources to undertake required developments.
- Establish effective relations with key third-party software and service suppliers to secure best value for money and ensure the efficient management of contracts for the supply of applications, systems and services.
- Oversee the upskilling of tutors to create effective digital learning content and ensuring consistency across the student experience, contributing as required.
- An active member of both internal and external networks (e.g. Canvas community, Association of Learning Technologists)
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Ability
- Substantial knowledge and experience of how learning and teaching can be enabled using technology in a further and higher education environment and embedding practices as appropriate.
- Ability to develop and maintain their own knowledge at the forefront of current thinking in their field, and evaluate new developments in the field to quickly determine the potential impact of such developments on the state of the art.
- Excellent understanding of the operation of a distributed, diverse and complex organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of utilising industry-standard project management methodologies.
- Strong experience in the executive production of digital assets.
- Competence in the use of the Technology Enhanced Learning and Corporate Information Systems packages.
- Significant experience of web content management system upgrades, technology changes, implementations and infrastructure updates.
- The ability to innovate within a strategic vision to enable the exploitation of new services and technologies.
- A demonstrable track record of shaping policy, strategy and practice across learning technology and associated space provision for their organisation.
- Clearly recognised within their current organisation and the wider learning technology community for their expertise.
- Ability to manage, lead and motivate a team of technical and creative staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a demanding, varied and often pressurised workload.
- Ability to build relationships, win support and cooperation from key stakeholders within the College.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.