Graphic DesignerLocation : hybrid Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-09-15 Salary range: £27,000 - £35,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artistry, Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced designer with a passion for creating an engaging audience experience.
Producing exciting and effective designs across a range of mediums, this role will play a key part in communicating our brand, vision and product range to our target learners. You will be responsible for taking projects from concept to completion as well as providing advice and guidance across the ACM community.
- Developing and responding to design briefs that suit the needs of the business and match with ACM’s vision and mission in conjunction with the wider team; creating a variety of static and motion-based assets for a manner of digital and physical (print) media including (but not limited to) Posters, Flyers, Exhibition Stands, Web Banners, Brochures, Flyers, Videos etc.
- Working in accordance with our Brand Guidelines, but also thinking creatively to produce and present new ideas and concepts, where they are needed
- Lead the creative development of critical marketing materials in line with our strategic goals around recruitment with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion
- Working closely with the marketing team to create designs for online advertising campaigns including banners ads, social media and email assets
- Working as part of a team to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget
- Ensuring all projects and assets are carefully stored, organised and accessible on the team Google Drive
- A qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent professional experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) – please supply a PDF portfolio with your application containing relevant previous experience
- Experience of print and production processes
- Experience of designing for digital and social media including social video best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required to understand business and individual needs to deliver outstanding work for the specified audience
- Ability to manage own time across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in creating motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Experience of developing templates in Canvas
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.