Finance and HR AdministratorLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-12-02
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artistry, Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The role will act as a support function for the finance and HR teams, undertaking duties of an administrative nature for finance, procurement and HR.
Finance and Procurement Administration duties (non- extensive list)
– Credit card statement administration and checking receipts
– Booking employee travel and hotel accommodation
– Assisting the business obtaining quotations from suppliers
– Monitoring online purchasing accounts, such as paypal
– Specific purchasing for the business as required (e.g., stationery & small consumables)
– Tracking Car information (MOTs, tax and services)
– Assistance maintaining the contract tracker
– Assistance with maintaining the purchaser order system (setting up new suppliers and account codes; matching and closing down POs)
– Admin support with printing and collating documents for signing
– Sorting post, scanning and filing
– Assistance with collation of information for insurance claims and renewals
– Assistance with debt collection
HR Administration duties (non- extensive list)
– Complete Safer Recruit training and maintain the validity (repeat training upon expiry) of this training
– Act as HR representative in interviews, ensuring interviews are recorded in writing and shared with the conducting line managers
– Conduct Entitlement to Work checks in line with government requirements
– Conduct DBS checks, sending request emails, obtaining identity documentation, and processing the checks through the DBS checking provider system
– Write and send the company important date cards
– Complete filing, printing and postal runs where required (this may involve taking post that requires sending via recorded delivery to the post office which is a short walk away from the office)
– Print and file the HR Exec agenda on a bi-weekly basis, the pre-disclosure documents and copy of the agenda will be provided
– Post adverts to ACM’s recruitment sites
– Respond to more junior enquiries received by the recruitment and HR inboxes
– Chase outstanding references for new starter onboarding
– Complete type ups of meetings on an ad-hoc basis to support HR team members
– Additional duties may be required in covering absences of HR team members.
-Able to demonstrate times where they have handled confidential or sensitive information
– An interest in business administration and working in a business support role
– A clear communicator, able to adjust information for the specific stakeholder
– Confident multi-tasker, comfortable working in a fast moving organization and team
– Able to deal with conflicting priorities
– Calm under pressure
– Comfortable working with computer systems
– Administration or office support
– Safe recruit training (within last 3 years)
– Previous experience using HR systems
– A user of google systems (google docs, google mail, Google sheets)
The salary offered for this role will be commensurate with skills and experience in a similar role.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
ACM reserves the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.