Facilities and Technical Services OperativeLocation : london Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-05-05 Salary: £21,674
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider offering a range of Further and Higher Education programmes in subjects including Music Performance, Songwriting and Creative Artistry, Audio Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation. With campuses in Surrey, London and Birmingham, we are also proud to have Metropolis Studios, Europe’s largest recording complex, within our company group.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience with a curriculum that is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
We are looking to fill a vacancy in our Facilities team working across the ACM London Campus buildings to provide assistance and support to our students and staff over a wide range of technical and operational situations. This is a full time role worked on a rota basis to cover the opening hours of the campus with some weekend work to cover open days and events.
- Complete daily task lists assigned to you by your supervisor via the calendar, email and any other form of communication.
- Complete a daily report of your assignments, issues encountered and actions to proceed.
- Communicate with your supervisor to submit reports to the head of facilities.
- Use google calendar, and Celcat timetable – work closely with technicians to ensure all necessary preps and setups are carried out to support lectures.
- Work with Events Coordinator to ensure the setup of internal and external events.
- Assist the technicians concerning the functionality, tidiness and safety of the workshop and all storage areas.
- Regular self assessment to maintain consistency at all times.
- Relay required building repairs to the Facilities Supervisor
- Weekly reports to Facilities Supervisor and regular team meetings to plan support for upcoming events and to track team productivity and progress.
- Vigilant to any possible security, health or abuse issues amongst students and staff. Immediately report any suspicions to Student Services.
- Provide technical assistance to tutors, office staff and students.
- Operate the Help Desk and assign tasks to the technicians
- Carry out regular technical maintenance and servicing across the site during holiday periods.
- Proficient in the entire range of skills demanded by the department – studio, technical and MIT support, live sound, lecture and event prep/setup, instrument and cable repair, DIY – to allow for seamless provision of role cover during absences and holidays.
- Assist with DIY and building maintenance jobs around the site when required.
- Accurate and thoroughly checked equipment preps, deliveries and setups for lectures, exams, events and gigs.
- Work weekend Open Days and Events when required.
Essential Skills and Attributes
– Excellent and highly reliable organisational skills.
– Approachable, professional manner with clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
– Effective team player capable of building good working relationships with students and colleagues.
– Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure.
– Proactive thinker, capable of working effectively under own volition.
– Ability to judge efficacy of procedures and propose more effective alternatives.
– Capable of multitasking, assigning priorities quickly and effectively.
– Excellent and reliable attention to detail.
– Efficient administrative skills necessary for rigorous control and upkeep of stock inventories to allow fluid, consistent provision of facilities to students and staff.
– Excellent IT skills.
– Solid understanding of sound recording and performance equipment.
– Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues quickly and effectively in pressured environments; to think on their feet and deal with any situation calmly and effectively.
– Keen to pick up new skills and advance training in a wide range of areas to provide efficient support and resolve any problems that may arise.
– Willingness to assist in any situation: technical difficulties, building maintenance and support, first aid, etc.
– Ability to look well in advance and preempt issues or requests before they occur.
– PAT test trained.
– Full and Clean Class B UK driving licence.
– First Aid trained.
– Fire Marshal trained.
– H&S trained.
– Advanced studio and live sound knowledge.
– Soldering skills.
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follows Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and reference checks with past employers.
ACM reserves the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.