Executive AssistantLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-01-17 Reports to : Executive Chairman Salary range: £23,000 - £25,000
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
To provide organisational and administrative support to the Executive Chairman covering a wide range of activities within a busy and lively working environment.
- Responsibility for the management of the Executive Chairman’s diaries to ensure efficient time management and space usage.
- Manage travel arrangements to include international travel and complex itineraries on behalf of the Executive Chairman and other members of the ACM and Metropolis teams
- Arrange meetings and conference calls across different time zones and to ensure that the Executive Chairman is well prepared with necessary documentation (electronic/hard copy) in good time
- Draft meeting agendas, take minutes and distribute minutes of regular weekly, ad hoc and board level meetings
- Maintenance of meeting minute repository, maintaining relevant terms of reference.
- Draft reports/documents and presentations to the appropriate level at (sometimes) short notice
- Review and distribute incoming post both that of the Senior Management Team and the personal, redirected post of the Executive Chairman
- Administrative support to include research projects, drafting documents, arranging meetings with new contacts on behalf of the Executive Chairman
- Daily liaison with internal and external stakeholders and personnel
- Update and maintain telephone lists and contact details for the Executive Chairman for both business and personal use
- Monitor and maintain progress on projects & undertake ad-hoc projects as directed
- Meet & greet guests, arranging guest lanyards where appropriate & refreshments
- Utilise MS Office and Google docs to create documents and store in appropriate in-house digital data systems and hard copy files as necessary.
- Coordinate and ensure timely approval of purchase orders where Executive authorisation is required.
- Manage purchasing requests and receipts in accordance with the Finance department policies.
- To assist the Executive Chairman with personal duties which may require contact outside of normal working hours
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the role and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of personal/executive support at Director/Executive level
- Outgoing with the ability to organise and manage a busy workload, planning and prioritising the Executive Chairman’s workload as well as your own
- Comfortable working under pressure with the need to continuously re-prioritise a diverse and sometimes heavy workload; a high level of attention to detail is crucial
- Practiced in taking and writing minutes, summarising discussions and writing both informal and formal reports
- Proficient to advanced level in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Experience of both arranging and managing international travel
- A relationship builder who is comfortable communicating with external clients and personnel at all levels
- Happy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- The ability to work flexibly to the needs of the Executive Chairman
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience working as a personal/executive assistant
- Experience of working with the FE/HE education sector/music industry
Essential Personal Attributes
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ability to work using own initiative whilst being able to manage changing priorities
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to juggle changing priorities and work to tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure
- Car driver with clean driving license, national travel may be required
- Working hours may vary and an 8.00am start would be useful to the post holder
- Some evening and weekend work required
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.