Evenings Facilities and Technical Services OperativeLocation : guildford Employment type : PART_TIME Expires : 2021-07-27 Salary: £21,500
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
This position is part time, Monday to Friday 4:15pm to 12:15am and will receive a pro-rata salary of the full time equivalent of £21,500 per annum
- Complete daily task lists assigned to you by your Hatch Coordinator via Asana and email.
- Complete a daily report of your assignments, issues encountered and actions required to proceed.
- Communicate with your Hatch Coordinator to submit reports to your Supervisor.
- Use google calendar, Asana and Celcat timetable – work closely with all other technicians to ensure all necessary preps and setups are carried out to support student and lecturer requirements.
- Work with Events Technical Coordinator to ensure the setup of internal and external events.
- Monitor individual responsibilities – Internal and External Events, Studio Support, etc. – and report regularly to Supervisor.
- Oversee the functionality, tidiness and safety of the workshop and all storage areas.
- Monitor stock control of all consumables and inventories of AV equipment and instruments
- Assist Supervisor in training of all new team members.
- Regular self assessment to maintain consistency at all times.
- Relay required building repairs to the Facilities & Estates Manager.
- Weekly reports to Technical Services Supervisor and regular team meetings to plan support for upcoming events and to track team productivity and progress.
- Ensure that all campus buildings are safe and secure for students and staff during opening hours.
- First to respond to any fire, first aid and security issues across campus.
- Follow opening and closing procedures consistently; make sure all buildings are locked and alarmed correctly.
- Vigilant to any possible security, health or abuse issues amongst students and staff. Immediately report any suspicions to Student Services.
- Provide technical assistance to tutors, office staff and students.
- Carry out regular technical maintenance and servicing across the site during holiday periods.
- Proficient in entire range of skills demanded by the department – studio, technical and MIT support, live sound, lecture and event prep/setup, instrument and cable repair, DIY – to allow for seamless provision of role cover during absences and holidays.
- Assist with DIY and building maintenance jobs around the site when required.
- Accurate and thoroughly checked equipment preps, deliveries and setups for events and gigs.
- Work weekend Open Days and cover other shifts when required.
- Excellent and highly reliable organisational skills.
- Approachable, professional manner with clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective team player capable of building good working relationships with students and colleagues.
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure.
- Proactive thinker, capable of working effectively under own volition.
- Ability to judge efficacy of procedures and propose more effective alternatives.
- Capable of multitasking, assigning priorities quickly and effectively.
- Excellent and reliable attention to detail.
- Efficient administrative skills necessary for rigorous control and upkeep of stock inventories to allow fluid, consistent provision of facilities to students and staff.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Solid understanding of sound recording and performance equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues quickly and effectively in pressured environments; to think on their feet and deal with any situation calmly and effectively.
- Keen to pick up new skills and advance training in a wide range of areas to provide efficient support and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Willingness to assist in any situation: technical difficulties, building maintenance and support, first aid, etc.
- Ability to look well in advance and preempt issues or requests before they occur.
- PAT test trained.
- Full Class B UK driving licence.
- First Aid trained.
- Fire Marshal trained.
- H&S trained.
- Advanced studio and live sound knowledge.
- Soldering skills.
All ACM staff work to the same value’s which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.