Digital Learning Resources LiaisonLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2021-04-18 Salary: £28,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artistry, Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The role of the Digital Library Resources Coordinator will aim to support students through their ACM journey, provide guidance on library resources and databases and general Digital Education support.
This role will be a full time position, working Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm.
This role requires technical skills and understanding of the digital resources required for HE learning, and support on digital access for ACM’s students who are aided by our ANDS team?
Liaise with IT Support, Teaching Staff, Admissions, Finance, Students and any other ACM Department in the execution of the following responsibilities:
- Provide support via helpdesks and other channels with reference to Learning Resources queries from staff and students
- Provide first line support via IT, Digital Education and Library helpdesks with reference to support requests regarding access/logon and usability of learning resources environments.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to such support issues
- Escalate more complex enquiries to the relevant support team member or department
- Support remote access to digital resources and learning resource systems for students and staff in all campuses
- Work with Education leaders and Research Team to strengthen ACM’s curriculum and research output, including regularly updating resource lists and collections
- Work with Education leaders to provide resources required by external partners
- Analyse and use analysis of data sets to explore usage, access, need and value for money, such that you can create recommendations and proposals for the future of ACM’s Learning Resources.
- Promote the use of digital tools and resources to serve the ACM student and staff community.
- Assist in the maintenance and auditing the virtual learning environment
- Create and maintain strong relationships with agencies and suppliers to ensure content is relevant and up to date, managing licensing / pricing agreements in pursuit of the best value, and raising any queries that require further support to the line manager or Finance department.
- Ensure copyright agreements and licenses are clear, updated and communicated to all
- Train ACM staff and students in referencing and digital library usage/access
- Provide support at Bootcamps
- Maintain the digital library canvas page (creating updates, adding resources etc.)
- Collect, maintain and report on the availability, accessibility and usage of digital library resources to line manager and the Executive team, especially, but not limited to, trends in student enquiries
- Working background in using a variety of learning resource databases and digital education resources
- Experience with cataloguing systems for library collections
- The ability to communicate the value and importance of library and learning resources to a variety of learners and staff
- Experience working with learning resources for creative industries
- Experience working in a creative environment
- Experience in working with licensing models
- Proven experience in a similar digital resources role, with customer facing responsibilities ● Some understanding of Canvas VLE from a system administration perspective
- Experience working in an education environment
- Previous experience working in a similar role with SEN students
- Previous experience in creating and maintaining digital archives
- Good knowledge of Canvas VLE from a system administration perspective ● Previous experience of a HelpDesk system and remote support tools
- A good understanding of Zoom
- A good understanding of Panopto
- Be a member or be willing to work towards membership of CILIP or an equivalent organisation
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work remotely
- Must be proactive with great problem solving skills
- Ability to answer basic student IT queries including but not limited to login and password error queries and system access queries
- Be a confident systems user with IT knowledge to provide technical support students on library systems
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with creative individuals
- Have strong multi-tasking skills
- Be an adaptable/flexible worker
- Experience working with HTML or CSS
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.