Copywriter / Content ManagerLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-10-07 Department : Marketing Salary range: £25,000 - £30,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artistry, Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
About the role:
You will provide specialist expertise in content design, copywriting and editing, to support digital communications and deliver strategic website projects that improve the experience of our audiences. As well as excellent content design and communication skills, you will have experience of writing for the web and a good understanding of web technologies, usability and trends.
- Write high-quality copy for email marketing, landing pages, paid & organic social media, PPC and display ads, newsletters and articles
- Write compelling copy that drives education, engagement, action, and performance
- Pitch and brainstorm copy/ad/branding ideas that elevate ACM’s positioning among the target audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to resolve feedback and find innovative solutions to business problems
- Champion the ACM brand voice and style throughout all channels
- Ability to adapt writing style to maintain an accurate and consistent brand-specific tone
- Help guide external and in-house teams to ensure a consistent approach to our house style
- Own creative projects and tasks with guidance and support from senior leads
- 2 years experience in a copywriting or content marketing role
- Native level of English language skills is a must
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar, and copy construction
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO/SEM principles, Social Media Management Systems, and Email Marketing Platforms
- Understanding of UX and its role in content design
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- An understanding of compliance with UK HE regulatory requirements
- Experience with Google workspace
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.