Assistant Learning TechnologistsLocation : remote Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-04-02 Department : Digital Education Salary range: £22,254 - £24,871
ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalized development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centered approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfill their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
The Assistant Learning Technologist will provide first line support to students and staff on issues relating to Canvas, Zoom and Panopto to support learning and teaching at ACM. You will provide support to Staff and Students including dealing with queries regarding various educational technology platforms and progressing these via the support help desk to a resolution, providing guidance and support where needed and working collaboratively within the wider team to ensure quality of service provided and accuracy of content delivered, working across both learning design and learning development. We are looking to fill two roles within our Digital Education team, these roles are offered as full time, Monday to Friday. The role is offered as remote working, however you might be expected to attend the office in Guildford from time to time to attend meetings. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience in a similar role in and within the advertised banding.
- Daily monitoring of the support helpdesk ticketing system
- Providing 1st line technical support, responding to, and resolving support queries
- To maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
- To take ownership of support issues and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed correctly
- Supporting the uploading, formatting and maintenance of online learning content and resources.
- Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant team member
- Participation in an out of hours support rota if required
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to manage relationships and work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Proven experience in a similar learning technology support role in an Education environment with end-user facing responsibilities,
- Experience and understanding of the CANVAS LMS with a good understanding of support administration
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and to deadlines
- Comfortable working with creative individuals
- Willingness to learn and develop skills within the role
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work independently
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suite particularly Excel / Google Sheets
- Previous 1st line support experience or equivalent
- Previous experience of a HelpDesk system and remote support tools
- A good understanding of Zoom
- A good understanding of Panopto
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organizational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organizational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.