Applicant AdvisorLocation : guildford Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2023-03-31 Reports to : Applicant Advisor Manager Salary: £23,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider offering a range of Further and Higher Education programmes in subjects including Music Performance, Songwriting and Creative Artistry, Audio Production, Technical Services, Business Management and Game Development. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation. With campuses in Surrey, London and Birmingham, we are also proud to have Metropolis Studios, Europe’s largest recording complex, within our company group.
Based at ACM Guildford, and travelling to other ACM campuses as needed, the Applicant Advisor plays a key role in the conversion of interest in ACM courses to student enrolments. The role is sales-driven in so much that Applicant Advisors rank and score leads, using acquired knowledge about our product, marketing-created assets, and our ‘access all areas’ offering to advise suitable students to choose ACM.
Applicant Advisors will provide end-to-end assistance for applicants from first contact through to enrolment, enacting the admissions-relevant processes and procedures set out by the Admissions Manager in order that we assess applicants and make suitable offers of study to them. They will also be deployed to both internal and external events (from ACM Open Days through to Metropolis VIP Evenings) to become known, named contacts for our applicants to guide and support them through their journey with ACM. The scope of the Applicant Advisor role is increased by way of the extension of service to current students, also, the Applicant Advisor will be advising and troubleshooting in a number of new areas including student finance and registry services including student confirmations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly Applicant Advisor to join our established and dedicated team based at the Guildford, Surrey campus. This role will be offered on a full time basis working Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend working as required for events.
- To have regular meetings with the Applicant Advisor’s Manager where priorities and workload will be set.
- To use the training material set out by the Applicant Advisor’s Manager and Director responsible for student recruitment to develop a detailed understanding of the courses that ACM delivers across its campuses at various study levels.
- To have regular and effective communications with prospective and current students across email, phone, web chat and other enquiries channels that are conducive to conversion of interest to enrolment, and retention of the existing student community; ensuring an accurate, timely and persuasive response to our prospective students’ enquiries, and proactive follow-up where prospect-led communication goes cold.
- To offer a triage service that guides prospective students towards making appropriate course choices and connecting them with Subject Specialists and other stakeholders across the organisation to help them further in this specific area.
- To assist with the delivery of Open Day/Audition events and other such activities that support the student acquisition process, and to lead the scheduling and delivery of Campus Tours and other more personalised experiences for prospective students such as “Access All Areas” visits.
- To enact ACM’s Admissions related policies and procedures when assessing and offering study opportunities to prospective students, recording their work and decision making using the relevant systems. This includes areas of UCAS, APL/APEL, DSA, Criminal Records and Non-UK qualifications.
- To work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including members of ACM’s Outreach Forum to identify and maximise new leads, referral and conversion opportunities.
- To work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including members of ACM’s Education, Student Services and Data Teams in order to be able to answer and troubleshoot a range of enquiries and problems for current students.
- To ensure that all ACM students are given proper advice and support pertaining to the funding of their programmes, such that a separate Student Finance presence and function is not required within the organisation.
- To be well informed and compliant with sector legislation including that from CMA.
- To maintain the confidentiality of information about students, staff and any other personal information and meet the requirements of GDPR.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding telephone manner
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Able to work from own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively
- Able to work in a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Knowledge of ACM and the courses offered,
- Knowledge of UCAS and academic qualifications
- Previous experience working in an admissions role for a similar organisation
- Previous experience dealing with students
All ACM staff work to the same values which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
ACM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of our students and staff and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All Applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM reserve the right to close job adverts earlier than the advertised end date where required based on volume of applications.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com.
All applicants will be required to complete screening appropriate to the post. This includes a Disclosure and Barring Service check and checks with past employers.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.