Online Learning DeveloperLocation : remote Employment type : FULL_TIME Expires : 2022-09-30 Department : Digital Education Team Reports to : Head of Digital Education Salary range: £28,000 - £35,000
ACM is a specialist creative industries education provider with students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services and Business. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.
ACM will incubate potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment.
We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.
- To work with teaching staff, technologists and videographers to create online content for all programmes across ACM’s provision
- Digital Education
- Curriculum Team
- Core Education Team
- Teaching staff
- Learning Technologists
- IT Team
- Translating stakeholder requirements and abstract educational ideas into digital solutions and product features, which execute the product vision and strategic objectives
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance approach ensuring that the digital materials are fit for purpose within the regulatory environment and comply with established technical standards
- Design and develop new e-learning courses from scoping and storyboarding through to delivery and evaluation
- Update and amend existing e-learning content, especially creating video e-learning content, adapting training/ learning material from face-to-face to e-learning
- Create media content and video to support the brand
- Develop interactive, engaging, and impactful digital learning experiences, and help to upskill those who face our customers daily
- Work with learning technologists and always seek ways for the Virtual Learning Environment to be at its most innovative and efficient
- Work independently, and with subject matter experts, to understand learning requirements and determine solutions
- Work with colleagues and technical experts to design and create engaging e-learning tools by providing the creative flair and imagination to ensure that the e-learning tools are innovative, fun and interesting
- Supporting the Digital Education department in day to day operations where appropriate
- Managing our internal VLE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing, developing and uploading e-learning programmes – please submit a portfolio of work
- Very strong experience liaising with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and being able to consult/advise on digital content development
- Experience of using Adobe CC, including Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Ability to work in a team, share ideas and contribute to a collaborative effort
- Previous experience in a Higher Education environment is highly desirable
- Experience in filming or photography is a bonus
All ACM staff work to the same value’s which are:
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture.
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community.
Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation.
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning.
Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance to ACM and with this in mind all team members must undertake an enhanced DBS at onboarding stage, which is repeated at regular intervals during employment.
This job purpose reflects the core activities of the post. As the Department and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties for which the post is responsible, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. ACM expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. Should significant changes to the job purpose become necessary, the post-holder will be consulted and the changes reflected in a revised job purpose.
ACM withhold the right to withdraw recruitment of a position prior to the advertised closing date should appropriate numbers of applications be reached.
Apply for this job
To apply for one of our vacancies please download and complete an application form. Please note CVs cannot be submitted without a completed form.
Application forms should be returned by the advertised closing date to email@example.com or by post:
HR and Recruitment Team
The Academy of Contemporary Music
The Rodboro Buildings, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4SB
Please note some positions may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Each job advertisement will detail the closing date for applications. We regret that we are not able to accept applications received after this date. Once shortlisting has taken place, successful candidates will be contacted by the HR and Recruitment Team and invited to attend an interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, it is not possible to keep in touch with every applicant. Therefore we would ask you to assume that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the advertised closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.