This post was written more than two years ago. The content or information below may no longer be accurate.
After graduating from ACM in 2007, Frank Hamilton wanted to make his mark on the music industry and challenge himself to do something that nobody has done before – in January 2012, One Song a Week was born.
As we approach the end of 2012, Frank can look back with pride at his achievements which include a number one album in the iTunes singer/songwriter chart, a number 23 album in the main iTunes album chart and collaborations with some the biggest names in the UK music scene including Ed Sheeran and fellow ACM Alumni Newton Faulkner.
One of the most remarkable things about Frank’s year long project is that it is 100% DIY and has cost absolutely nothing to produce as many of the songs were produced on a single laptop in Frank’s living room.
Frank Hamilton’s One Song a Week 2012 Campaign
- Week 1 – ‘All or Nothing’ released.
- Week 9 – Almost quit.
- Week 16 – Wrote/recorded in Paul Heaton’s (Beautiful South/Housemartins) pub while on tour.
- Week 17 – Heard from Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet). Nice chap.
- Week 21 – ‘Sing For England’. MSN’s official Euro 2012 song (feat Dead Poets, A local Primary School). Radio 5 coverage.
- Week 26 – Forgot own mothers birthday while at IOW Fest. Wrote a song about it.
- Week 28 – Ed Sheeran mention in Total Guitar Mag interview (totally unprompted).
- Week 34 – Collaborated with ex-footballer Dion Dublin (legend) and played Reading/Leeds festival.
- Week 35 – Appeared on Match of the Day (childhood dream) and heard from Colin Murray. Nice chap.
- Week 39 – Jemima (8th Birthday present) died. Got tonsillitis.
- Week 40 – Birthday. Had a ‘moderate/severe’ allergic reaction to Penicillin.
- Week 42 – Collaboration with The Crimea (one of favourite bands).
- Week 44 – (Silly political) collaboration with Poet/Teacher/Battle rapper, Mark Grist.
- Week 45 – Released ‘Flaws & Ceilings’, a duet with recent chart-topping, unsigned sensation Lauren Aquilina.
- Week 47 – Released ‘Wet Shoes’, written with Ed Sheeran.
- Week 48 – Released ‘Miles Apart’ feat. Ryan Keen.
- Week 49 – ‘Words and Nothing More’ produced by Si Hulbert (One Direction, Ed Sheeran)
- Week 50 – Christmas single featuring current ACM student and MTV’s unsigned star of 2013, Ebony Day.
- Week 51 – (released Friday December 21st) – ‘Just The Same’ featuring Newton Faulkner.
Frank’s recent release ‘Flaws & Ceilings’ (ft. Lauren Aquilina) is iTunes ‘Song of the Week’ and is a available to download.
The first and last #onesongaweek live show (featuring several of the years collaborators) takes place on December 20th at Camden Barfly (sold out).
ACM would like to wish Frank Hamilton the very best of luck for the remainder of the One Song a Week project and for his forthcoming 2013 projects.