DAW Bootcamp Overview with ACM Tutor Tony Wathen AKA UK Bass Music Producer: RadioKillaZ.
Introduction to DAWs – Overview/What it is & does
Brief Overview of Different DAWs (With quick GUI Demo) – Soundtrap, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, FL Studio & Pro Tools.
- For the students to have a basic understanding of different DAWs and their music production applications and capabilities.
- For the students to be able to operate and create a piece of music using an industry-standard DAW – Logic Pro
- For the students to be able to understand and communicate Music Production terminology in a professional environment.
Day 1: Tutor demo & Practical work with Q&A – 23rd Aug 2021
- Introduction to Logic: Navigation (Transport Bar, Workspace, Inspector & Menus)
- Apple Loops – Where they are and how to use them.
- Basic Editing (Editing Tools and techniques)
- Expanding Your Idea. (Song Arrangement)
Day 2: Tutor demo & Practical work with Q&A – 24th Aug 2021
- Introduction to Software Instruments & MIDI
- The MIDI Piano Roll & Functions
- Recording & Editing MIDI
- Using Effects
Day 3: Tutor demo & Practical work with Q&A – 25th Aug 2021
- Recording Audio
- Editing Audio
- Basic EQ, Compression
This digital event will be conducted by video conference. Once registered using the form below you will be emailed a link to join closer to the event date.