This post was written more than two years ago. The content or information below may no longer be accurate.
Here at The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM), just a 35-minute train ride away from the bright lights of London, places are extremely limited and highly sought after. The talented students who join us from all around the world share their classrooms with like-minded people who are committed to pursuing a career in music.
To make sure you’re in the running to join us, you should aim to submit your UCAS application BEFORE the first application deadline of 18:00 on Thursday 15th January 2015.
Why is this deadline important?
Those who submit their application to ACM on or before 15th January 2015 will be classified as having ‘full and equal consideration’ and are guaranteed a priority invitation to an interview / audition via an ACM Experience Day. We cannot, at this stage, guarantee interview / audition slots for students who apply later than the deadline.
Your ACM UCAS Application Checklist
We may have already had the pleasure of speaking to you at one of our Open Days, Friday Tours, education and industry events, or even via Facebook, Twitter, email or telephone. Whatever the means of communication, we want to give you all the information and resources you need to choose ACM as your preferred provider of contemporary music education.
- Downloaded / picked up and read the ACM Prospectus?
- Checked ACM’s degree / Cert HE programme entry requirements?
- Visited ACM to experience our unique teaching and learning environment?
- Researched a little more as to why ONLY ACM students receive an unparalleled student experience?
If you’ve done all of the above, you’ll already understand the quality and value that ACM offers, as well as our absolute passion for delivering outstanding contemporary music education.
Applying to ACM via UCAS Online
If you’re still finalising your UCAS application to ACM, it’s important to make sure you have completed all the required sections. Failure to do so could see your application rejected when you come to submit it.
To make sure both UCAS and ACM can efficiently process your application, ask yourself, have you done the following. Have you…
- Asked your tutor for a reference?
- Added the correct UCAS Institution Code for ACM (A48)?
- Added the correct ACM UCAS course code?
- Added your current qualifications?
- Added any relevant work / voluntary experience?
- Completed your Personal Statement?
- Had your application checked for spelling and grammar?
- Asked people you trust to give you feedback on it?
- Paid UCAS’ application submission fee?
If you have managed to check off all of the above, then you’re ready to submit!
But what happens if I miss this deadline?
If you miss this first UCAS application deadline on 15th January, ACM will still accept and process your UCAS application once the period of ‘full and equal consideration’ has passed.
For those with further questions or queries, ACM’s Admissions Team is available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm to help answer them. Please get in touch with them directly on 01483 500 800 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Useful Links
Whatever application stage you’re at, it never hurts to be prepared. Here’s a list of useful links and resources from ACM, UCAS and Student Finance England:
- ACM Prospectus
- ACM Course Fees
- Upcoming ACM Open Days
- Attend an ACM Friday Tour
- From our amazing Tutors to our unique partnership with Metropolis Studios – why choose ACM?
- The ACM Student Experience.
- ACM Student Welfare – A Promise to You.
- How to start a UCAS Undergraduate application?
- Tracking your UCAS application?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!