ACM recently provided new talent and student management teams the opportunity to present their work to an industry panel at Metropolis Studios as part of the Discovery and Development day.
The Discovery and Development day is an extra curricular activity formulated and led by Industry Link tutor and, amongst other duties, Feeder manager Darrin Woodford.
By taking part in the Discovery and Development day, ACM business students work with a band or artist and help them create a press pack, develop their product, formulate marketing and manage them in the real world.
The day’s schedule consisted of the team presenting the packs to the industry panel and artists playing live sets with backline support or to backing tracks. After each act the industry panel retired to the green room with each artist and team, providing feedback on presentation and performance.
The industry panel consisted of:
- Alison Donald (Columbia Records-President)
- Ian Ramage (BMG Publishing)
- Nick Robinson-(Kobalt Publishing -Senior VP)
- Ben Bodie (Ministry of Sound Publishing-Managing Director)
The presenting student teams were:
- MASTER MANAGEMENT – BECKII POWER
- JAKXY AGENCY – OLLIE WADE
- CATCHY MONKEY MANAGEMENT – BOEREE
- TAKE A BREAK MANAGEMENT – BIGGS
- FOUR TO THE FLOOR MANAGEMENT – ANNABEL ALLUM
- ERA MANAGEMENT – OTIS MENSAH
- DIXIE ROAD MANAGEMENT – HARMASEE
- STAG MANAGEMENT – LANDA
The day was a complete success with some great talent being showcased to top industry figures, with valuable advice given and future plans shaped. We look forward to the next Discovery and Development showcase in Metropolis studios as well as future D&D events at ACM and Metropolis!